Healthy menu options are now required rather than desired. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and expect to see healthy options at every restaurant. If you have a hamburger business and think it may be challenging to offer healthy varieties, think again. Use this list from Sysco’s Foodie Summer 2016 issue to make your burgers appeal to health-conscious customers.
- Meat Varieties Alternate meat options can help to set your burgers apart from your competitors. Try things like ahi tuna, turkey, lamb and bison. Mushrooms can serve as a great meat substitute!
- Cheese, Please! Healthy eating and cheese do actually go together! Thin slices help to cut calories while still providing great flavor. Crumbling cheese is a great way to add another dimension and a little goes a long way!
- Fabulous Flavor Healthy fats and protein help to provide flavor and please your customers. Try offering avocados, salsas and peppers to spice things up.
- To Bun or Not to Bun Bun-free options are a great way to stand out and make a name for your restaurant. Burger bowls and lettuce wrapped burgers are extremely trendy right now. For customers who would rather have a bun, include options what are gluten-free or whole grain.
- Fresh Trends Locally grown produce is #3 on the National Restaurant Association’s Top 20 Food Trends of 2016. Fresh produce will help to give your customers options and allow them to personalize their food even more. The fresh produce possibilities are endless.
Technology in the restaurant industry has come a long way, but technology is always evolving. In order to keep up with your competitors and increase efficiencies in your restaurant, it’s important to keep up with the latest technology trends. Start by implementing these 5 things into your restaurant in order to meet the demands of consumers.
- Point-of-sale Technology
POS technology is a must in the restaurant industry. By implementing an advanced POS system you can eliminate human errors, reduce losses and increase efficiency. Customers will be pleased with the checkout process and things will be easier for everyone.
- Advanced Forms of Payment
Paying with cash and card are no longer the preferred methods of payment for consumers. Apple Pay and Google Wallet have changed the way consumers make purchases. Restaurants need to implement advanced forms of payment and online ordering to keep their customers happy.
- Automated Services
Speed and quality are easy to improve with automated services. Automatic ordering systems can help to save time and cut costs. Once the order is placed, prep work can be triggered which will lead to consistent ticket times.
- Technologically Integrated Dining Experiences
Interactive tables and televisions are becoming more popular to see in restaurants. Many restaurants have started placing iPads at tables with trivia, music and ordering platforms.
- Customer Data
A personalized experience is what every customer is looking for. Implementing technology can help to make gathering customer data much simpler. Use technology to record what type of customers come into your restaurant, what they order and to receive their feedback.
Silicone baking supplies have become extremely popular in recent years. Everywhere you go, it seems like you can find silicone baking tools in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Not only are silicone products easy to use and clean, but they are also versatile and fun to use. One of the most popular and versatile silicone products that you see in many shapes are the silicone molds. If you’ve only tried making ice cubes with your silicone molds, use this list below to branch out and try something new!
You can prepare hummus and freeze overnight in a silicone mold. In the morning, place it in your lunchbox and by lunch time, your hummus will be soft enough dipping.
Yogurt will not hold its shape as well as hummus, but it freezes well and is perfect for a quick lunch treat.
Simply pour eggs or egg whites into a mold, bake them in the oven and serve for breakfast!
Use your molds to make jello in any shape or size. Try adding fruit to mix things up.
Pour melted chocolate into the molds and place in the refrigerator. You can also add fresh fruit or nuts depending on what you like.
Next time you’re making brownies, forget the boring baking pan and grab your silicone molds!