Keeping your staff members motivated can be a challenge in the fast-paced, unpredictable foodservice industry. However, ensuring that your employees are happy can have benefits on your profits as well; upbeat staff members often make the difference in the guest experience and how much your customers spend or how often they visit your establishment.
Incorporate these top five tips to keeping your employees motivated below and watch your business blossom:
- Daily or Weekly Competitions – This highly effective technique can help boost sales while creating a better guest experience or incentivizing the sale of specialty menu items.
- Celebrate Birthdays and Work Anniversaries – Being recognized and acknowledged for your place on the team can help promote a positive work environment.
- Sampling New Menu Items – Have a little fun in the kitchen and let your employees taste test new dishes before they are available to the public.
- Close Early for Special Events – Closing early for holidays or major employee life events lets the employees come together as a group.
- Provide the Proper Tools – Update your work systems and listen to employee concerns about faulty registers, equipment, and other supplies.
Utilize these simple tips in your foodservice establishment’s routine today to pump up the employee motivation.