Happy National Cheese Pizza Day! To celebrate without the extra calories, use this recipe from Vitamix to make a healthy cauliflower pizza crust. This recipe is vegetarian, low sodium, gluten-free and has no added sugar. Here’s the best part: 1 slice of cauliflower pizza has only 60 calories!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Yields (2) 12” Crusts
1 medium head cauliflower, 2 pounds
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons Italian spice
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chia seed
4 large eggs
Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Place cauliflower florets into the Vitamix container and fill with water until the florets float above the blades. Secure lid.
- Select Variable 7.
- Turn machine on and off to Pulse 8 to 10 times, until cauliflower has the texture of sand.
- Drain cauliflower and wring out extra moisture with a towel, as much as humanly possible.
- Place in a bowl and add the red pepper flakes, Italian spice, cheese, chia seed, and eggs. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Spray perforated pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread cauliflower mixture out the pan. Place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add desired toppings to pizza crust and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired doneness.
This recipe is written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Don’t have a Vitamix? Purchase your machine here.