Looking to pump up your old breakfast menu with a few new tricks? Try baking your pancakes instead of cooking them on a stove-top skillet. This rising breakfast trend has piqued the interest of breakfast diners wishing to indulge in their classic, early-morning favorite in a new way. Since the recipe requires baking the mix in a pie pan, the finished baked pancakes turn out fluffier and fuller than its original, flattened form. The giant pancake can easily become a spectacle and fan favorite at your restaurant with only a few ingredients.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place butter in a 9-inch pie pan. Place pan in the preheated oven until butter is melted.
- Whisk flour, milk, eggs, granulated sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Pour mixture into the hot butter.
- Bake until pancake is brown on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon over pancake and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before serving.