While the descriptors “light” and “fluffy” in the food industry may be synonymous with pancakes and waffles, these adjectives are now being used for another growing trend; cloud bread. This nearly carb-free, gluten-free alternative to traditional bread has become a highlight in health blogs and Instagram posts. This healthy bread is made with only four ingredients and is an easy substitute for the hardier grain-based and carb-laden breads.
Keeping your menu offerings light in carbohydrates can lure in more customers watching their waistlines. Feature cloud bread as an alternative to traditional bread on your menu by following the recipe below.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet artificial sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and sweetener together in a separate bowl using a wooden spoon. Mix with a hand-held egg beater until mixture is very smooth and has no visible cream cheese.
- Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture, taking care not to deflate the egg whites.
- Carefully scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming 5 to 6 “buns” of cloud bread.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cloud bread is lightly browned, approximately 30 minutes.