Whether running a chain restaurant or small family-owned establishment, learning how to control costs is vital to the survival of your business. Without the proper planning, your establishment can quickly blow labor hours or waste food irresponsibly. Take control of your operating expenses and maximize your profits with these quick tips:
- Use Food Cost Calculations – Determine the raw cost per plate and menu entrée. These calculations can help you price your menu offerings appropriately and know how much you will profit per plate.
- Reduce Waste & Shrinkage – Use efficient methods to order and secure inventory to prevent products from going to waste or being stolen. To cut food waste, avoid buying perishable items in bulk quantities to prevent spoilage. Plus, when orders are sent back or thrown away track the reason and use this to revamp your practices.
- Schedule Staff Appropriately – Efficiently schedule your staff to ensure that customers are taken care of without blowing your labor budget. Schedule less staff members during slower time periods or after close of business to help minimize your costs.
- Cross-Train Staff Members – Teach your staff members how to run multiple positions to improve their skills and knowledge of your practices. This tactic ensures that your staff is highly-trained, confident in their skills, and can cover any position when needed.
Looking to create a buzz about your establishment’s grand opening? Use these simple tactics to help your establishment bring in a crowd and stand out from the competition.
Start building relationships with the community by partnering with a charitable organization for your grand opening. Encouraging customers to donate to a good cause creates positive brand recognition which will have a lasting positive effect on your business now and in the future.
Throw a private party for your vendors and their families to celebrate your establishment and show off their hard work in person. Celebrating your vendors helps build a core support system which can assist you with any future business challenges.
From coupons to complimentary dishes, giving your customers extra perks for showing up at the grand opening increases your profits, attracts more guests, and encourages future visits. Advertise and promote the extra incentives on social media several weeks in advance to build excitement.
Influencers are known for having a massive social media following, often boasting thousands or online followers. Consider inviting influencers to your grand opening events or send them freebies to promote your brand. Because of influencers’ large community reach, one simple Facebook post or Tweet about your grand opening can entice hundreds of new customers to attend your big event.
Attracting new diners to your foodservice establishment can be a challenge for operators because of the high level of competition with local eateries. However, there are several easy marketing tactics you can use to promote your brand and stand out from the competition. Whether your establishment is a popular sit-down or a small café, these four tips can help your earn more customers and increase your profits.
1. Focus on Food Photography
Utilizing social media to showcase your culinary creations can be a game changer for many establishments. Customers should be lured in by your food and posting aesthetically-pleasing food images can earn you more traffic. Consider hiring a professional photographer to pump up your picture portfolio online.
2. Offer Free Wi-Fi
Offering free Wi-Fi at your foodservice establishment can not only boost your business, but also encourage diners to share pictures of their meals on social media and strengthen your brand.
3. Schedule Events
Planning out live music, cooking classes, or trivia nights can entertain your guests and make dining at your establishment more fun. These special event nights get people interested in visiting your restaurant and increase your popularity and public reach.
4. Offer Incentives
Capturing more attention for your brand with targeted incentives, like birthday coupons or loyalty points, can help you gain online followers, attract new diners, and gain repeat customers.