Bring spring into your dessert menu all season long with this Spring Krispies Treats recipe. Using only three simple ingredients, this fun, easy-to-make dessert is a colorful twist on classic Rice Krispies Treats. However, because this adaptation uses Peeps instead of regular marshmallows, the finished product is noticeably sweeter (and more colorful).
Use these fabulous Spring Krispies Treats to catch the eyes of your diners on the dessert menu. Wrap the treats individually and tie with festive ribbons for added presentation value. Plus, keeping these spring treats by the front register can help increase your impulse buys all season long.
Follow the simple directions below to add Spring Krispies Treats to your dessert menu today:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 35 Peeps
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- In large pot, melt butter over low heat. Add Peeps and stir until completely melted. If using different colors, melt in separate color sections within the pot and avoid mixing the colors together.
- Once the butter is melted, remove pot from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture.
- Stir until well coated, mixing different colors if applicable.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 1-1/2-inch pan with cooking spray and evenly press the marshmallow mixture into the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting into desired shapes. Store in an airtight container.