With the New Year in full swing, health-conscious diners are looking for the latest fit menu options to help maintain their healthy lifestyles. Made from locally-sourced peanuts and non-GMO verified ingredients, the specialty and gourmet peanut butter blends from Peanut Butter & Co. make it easy to expand your healthy menu options and satisfy your diners. Plus, save 15% on all Peanut Butter & Co. products before this special offer ends on 2/1/18.
Treat your guests to gourmet nut butters and healthy menu options, including:
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Ice Pops – 309 Calories Per Serving
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Smooth Operator peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- Combine bananas, brown sugar, peanut butter and milk in a blender and blend until smooth, approximately 1 minute.
- Pour smoothie mixture into 4, ½ cup-capacity pop molds.
- Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours. Store for up to 2 weeks in freezer.
With the joy and wonder of the holiday season comes increased volume at your establishment. With the extra traffic, it’s easy for your staff members to cut corners in an attempt to save time. However, not following proper safety guidelines can have disastrous effects on your guests’ health and ruin your reputation. Keep your diners safe throughout the holiday season with these quick food safety tips:
- Consistent Cleaning – Instruct employees to consistently clean their hands whenever switching tasks. Keep food-contact surfaces clean and sanitized throughout the business day to prevent spreading dirt and diseases.
- Separate Ingredients – Use specialized and color-coded equipment, like Dexter Sani-Safe knives and San Jamar cutting boards, to keep meats, vegetables, and other products separate and contamination-free.
- Cook & Chill – Properly cook food items to avoid the temperature danger zone and kill harmful bacteria. Similarly, avoid leaving foods out at room temperature for too long since bacteria can grow rapidly in certain foods.
- Use Observation – Be sure to check the expiration dates on all of your perishable food ingredients. Additionally, use keen observation to weed out potentially questionable foods; if it looks, tastes, or smells questionable, just throw the products out.
Buddha bowls, often referred to as yoga bowls or hippie bowls, are a new food industry trend keeping the health community buzzing. The bowls include a grain base, often rice or quinoa, and feature various vegetables and leafy greens. Common add-ons include nuts or seeds to add texture and taste. However, the ingredients are variable and customizable for everyone so Buddha bowls allow a great margin of creativity to the individual.
This compact meal can be prepared in advance and is easy-to-store, making Buddha bowls a natural choice for those on the go and looking for a healthy meal. If added to a restaurant menu, Buddha bowls offer a unique twist to typical health food options. Restaurants can serve prepared Buddha bowls on the menu or set up a buffet-style center for customers to experiment with their own creations.
The nutritious and delicious nature of Buddha bowls supports a healthier lifestyle and makes the transition simple. The bowls can help people combat the common sacrifice of health for the sake of convenience with fast food. Buddha bowls make the switch to healthier eating simple and affordable for everyone since the ingredients are customizable. For added charm, serve your Buddha bowl in a trendy rice bowl, instead of typical dinnerware. Instawares offers a wide-ranging selection of rice bowls so you can customize your dining experience as much as your own Buddha bowl.