The music playing in a foodservice establishment is more than just background noise. Playing the right type of music can positively affect your diners’ buying habits and boost your bottom line. Modern diners are looking for a complete experience when dining out and the right music sets the foundation for an enjoyable dining experience. Plus, music helps guests feel more comfortable at your establishment and encourages them to stay longer (and spend more).
A music-free foodservice establishment is filled with the sounds of clanking plates, loud conversations, and noise from the kitchen. However, soft background noise and carefully chosen playlists make your establishment more inviting to everyday diners and add to the overall dining atmosphere. Operators can also use customizable overhead messages to advertise new menu items or special offers without being intrusive into the guest experience.
Make the most of your music selection by switching up your programming based on your target customers, time of day, season, or holiday to create a personalized dining experience for your patrons. If you’re looking to find the right music, consider polling your employees or patrons to get insight on trending music and new technology to enhance the guest experience.
Take the time to tune into your customers’ music tastes and earn more every day.
Making up approximately 26% of the population, Gen Z is impacting the foodservice industry with their busy schedules and desire to connect with the world. On average, Gen Z spends 6 to 8 hours per day online to stay in touch with friends, news, social media, and more through their devices. With the increasing reliability on mobile devices for information and social interactions, Gen Z is causing operators to face new challenges to keep their brands relevant in the future.
Use these helpful tips to adjust your marketing practices for Gen Z and stay ahead of the curve:
- More Value – Gen Z is defined by the recessionary period they grew up in, making these young patrons more frugal when dining out. Offer low-cost menu options or weekly specials to accommodate their desire to save money.
- On the Move – Gen Z is constantly on the go and looking for quick eats to match their busy schedules. Try offering smaller portions on your menu and more snacks for grazing between meals.
- Experiment with Flavor – Known for the adventurous taste buds, Gen Z is not afraid to try outrageous flavor combinations or experimental healthy options. Test out your most inventive creations on this new generation.
- Get Social – Update your social media pages with short, conversational messages to create a two-way exchange with Gen Z. Be sure to respond to comments and answer questions you receive on your posts to help build relationships with these young consumers.
- Give Back – Gen Z is looking to make a difference in the world. Team up with local charities or non-profit organizations to promote your philanthropic efforts and create unique menus or campaigns to support the local community.
Is your establishment falling behind the times? Giving your establishment and marketing practices a refresh can increase customer engagement and help save your brand from the brink. Use the key tips below to help rebrand your foodservice operation and create a brighter future.
- Go Back to Basics – Returning to your establishment’s roots can help revitalize your vision. Focus on your establishment’s core values, like affordable prices, bold flavors, or a classic mascot.
- Modernize Your Marketing – Looking to the past can help you refocus your energies, but your establishment must look for future success. Adapt your roots to appeal to a modern market and make your brand more relevant to the culture of today.
- Know Your Ideal Diner – Hone in on your ideal audience and tailor your menu and marketing strategies to speak directly to them.
- Consider a Remodel – Old or outdated restaurant fixtures can harm your ability to stay relevant in the industry. Give your establishment a facelift to promote a fresh, modern appeal to potential customers.
- Keep Moving Forward – Realize that rebranding your operation takes patience and time to see results. Focusing on the future and moving forward helps you stay positive and in a clear state of mind to make the best business decisions.