Adding vegan dishes to your seasonal menu doesn’t have to be difficult. You can prepare this creamy and delicious Roasted Broccoli Soup recipe in under 30 minutes using only a handful of simple ingredients. Plus, this easy-to-make soup recipe is packed with nutritional value and incredible flavor, guaranteed to satisfy your health-conscious customers all season.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large broccoli crowns, stems removed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Freshly cracked sea salt and pepper
- Cashew sour cream and minced chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Chop broccoli into evenly sized florets. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Lay out broccoli on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until florets just begin to brown.
- Heat remaining tbsp olive oil in a pot or large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté until softened, approximately 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, salt and pepper, and vegetable broth.
- Bring ingredients to a simmer and cook until the broccoli is very soft, approximately 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return puree to pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with sour cream and chives.