Making up approximately 26% of the population, Gen Z is impacting the foodservice industry with their busy schedules and desire to connect with the world. On average, Gen Z spends 6 to 8 hours per day online to stay in touch with friends, news, social media, and more through their devices. With the increasing reliability on mobile devices for information and social interactions, Gen Z is causing operators to face new challenges to keep their brands relevant in the future.
Use these helpful tips to adjust your marketing practices for Gen Z and stay ahead of the curve:
- More Value – Gen Z is defined by the recessionary period they grew up in, making these young patrons more frugal when dining out. Offer low-cost menu options or weekly specials to accommodate their desire to save money.
- On the Move – Gen Z is constantly on the go and looking for quick eats to match their busy schedules. Try offering smaller portions on your menu and more snacks for grazing between meals.
- Experiment with Flavor – Known for the adventurous taste buds, Gen Z is not afraid to try outrageous flavor combinations or experimental healthy options. Test out your most inventive creations on this new generation.
- Get Social – Update your social media pages with short, conversational messages to create a two-way exchange with Gen Z. Be sure to respond to comments and answer questions you receive on your posts to help build relationships with these young consumers.
- Give Back – Gen Z is looking to make a difference in the world. Team up with local charities or non-profit organizations to promote your philanthropic efforts and create unique menus or campaigns to support the local community.