Making up approximately 26% of the population, Gen Z is impacting the foodservice industry with their busy schedules and desire to connect with the world. On average, Gen Z spends 6 to 8 hours per day online to stay in touch with friends, news, social media, and more through their devices. With the increasing reliability on mobile devices for information and social interactions, Gen Z is causing operators to face new challenges to keep their brands relevant in the future.
Use these helpful tips to adjust your marketing practices for Gen Z and stay ahead of the curve:
- More Value – Gen Z is defined by the recessionary period they grew up in, making these young patrons more frugal when dining out. Offer low-cost menu options or weekly specials to accommodate their desire to save money.
- On the Move – Gen Z is constantly on the go and looking for quick eats to match their busy schedules. Try offering smaller portions on your menu and more snacks for grazing between meals.
- Experiment with Flavor – Known for the adventurous taste buds, Gen Z is not afraid to try outrageous flavor combinations or experimental healthy options. Test out your most inventive creations on this new generation.
- Get Social – Update your social media pages with short, conversational messages to create a two-way exchange with Gen Z. Be sure to respond to comments and answer questions you receive on your posts to help build relationships with these young consumers.
- Give Back – Gen Z is looking to make a difference in the world. Team up with local charities or non-profit organizations to promote your philanthropic efforts and create unique menus or campaigns to support the local community.
Muffins are a beloved breakfast staple across the country. But did you know these tasty treats have the power to grow a bigger bottom line for your business?
In the past few years, guests have been willing to spend more to experience upscale menu items, featuring premium ingredients. Since muffins are made with simple core base ingredients, these classic treats are prime targets for menu experimentation. Bakers can easily add in premium ingredients, like dark chocolate, lavender, currants, nut butter, and more.
Whether served for breakfast or dessert, muffins allow your establishment to bake up a bigger personality. Try featuring this easy orange-chocolate chip muffin recipe on your menu today.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line twelve 2 ½-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chocolate pieces. Make a well in the center of flour mixture then set aside. In a medium bowl combine eggs, sugar, milk, orange peel, orange juice, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened and batter appears lumpy. Spoon ¼ cup of the batter into each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
Looking to create a buzz about your establishment’s grand opening? Use these simple tactics to help your establishment bring in a crowd and stand out from the competition.
Start building relationships with the community by partnering with a charitable organization for your grand opening. Encouraging customers to donate to a good cause creates positive brand recognition which will have a lasting positive effect on your business now and in the future.
Throw a private party for your vendors and their families to celebrate your establishment and show off their hard work in person. Celebrating your vendors helps build a core support system which can assist you with any future business challenges.
From coupons to complimentary dishes, giving your customers extra perks for showing up at the grand opening increases your profits, attracts more guests, and encourages future visits. Advertise and promote the extra incentives on social media several weeks in advance to build excitement.
Influencers are known for having a massive social media following, often boasting thousands or online followers. Consider inviting influencers to your grand opening events or send them freebies to promote your brand. Because of influencers’ large community reach, one simple Facebook post or Tweet about your grand opening can entice hundreds of new customers to attend your big event.