Looking for a simple holiday treat to impress your guests? These eye-catching candy cane meringue cookies are the perfect addition to your dessert menu. The flavor of sweet peppermint embodies the taste of the season and can easy be paired with specialty hot chocolates or coffees on your menu. Plus, you can package these sweet treats in festive holiday boxes to encourage impulse buys at the register.
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Beat in sugar, cream of tartar, and salt until stiff peaks form.
- Add peppermint extract and swirl in 2 drops red food coloring.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls and bake approximately 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and keep meringues inside the unit for 2 hours to dry.